Is the virtual reality market in the perspective of the rise of metaverses ripe for the HR function? Initiatives in this direction are gradually appearing. The HR Innovation Studio Tomorrow Theory just unveiled a benchmark on more than 400 virtual reality platforms (VR in English) looking for a focus on HR uses.
The result of 6 months of work, the dense 115-page report is made up of different parts: definitions, principles of the metaverse, files, mapping, rankings of platforms by HR uses, identity sheets of actors, zoom on French actors who are evolving in XR (i.e. virtual reality, augmented reality, and metaverses), forums…
It is now available for download from the Tomorrow Theory website following the presentation of the report from a webinar hosted by Tomorrow Theory on November 22.
The benchmark was carried out by identifying 443 platforms worldwide. These offer access by computer or/and virtual reality headset depending on the case.
The great lessons by Jérémy Lamri, CEO of Tomorrow Theory
“Of 443 platforms identified, 75 are potentially relevant for HR, and 30 can be used immediately. » They were identified as belonging to the categories: productivity, collaboration and social and able to answer HR use cases.
- “VR is not enough to make a metaverse, and real metaverses will only be ready in a decade at best”;
- “The virtual reality market is not revolutionary, but it offers interesting transition uses. This is the case of the non-immersive 2D environment like WorkAdventure.
- “HR still needs to adapt their best practices and processes to fit well with VR”;
- “Environmental and social issues are not yet sufficiently taken into account by VR players”;
- “Probably more relevant uses will appear in the medium term on augmented reality, to be explored and closely monitored in the coming months or years”.
Top 20 virtual reality platforms with HR affinities
Here is the list compiled by Tomorrow Theory by studying 12 main HR criteria:
- Somni Space,
- The Nemesis,
- The Sandbox,
- WorkAdventure (France),
- Wonda VR (France),
- Horizon Workroom,
- Teemew (France),
- Virbela Campus,
- Meeting VR,
- Horizon Worlds (meta service)
Webinar Tomorrow Theory: testimonials and feedback
In addition to the presentation of the report, a round table, moderated by Stéphanie Renverseau, COO of Tomorrow Theory and exploited in the form of a live video session, was organized on November 22.
An exercise that made it possible to prolong the debate and share information with a trio of panelists.
Alexandre Stourbe, Managing Director of Le Lab RH, closed the live streaming session.
Gaspard Tertrais, CTO Tomorrow Theory
“I’m struck by the number of VR platforms we’ve screened for this benchmark. More than 500 with as many varied uses and around thirty HR-oriented. I was also amazed by the branding around the metaverse when it’s not there yet. It’s a bit of a heresy, even if some platforms really innovate by integrating the blockchain for example. »
“As it stands, we have more virtual reality platforms that are just one piece of a metaverse that is intended to be controlled by its users and that will support data persistence. The Sandbox or Decentraland are getting started, but these platforms are only at the demonstrator stage (proof of concept or POC). »
Stéphanie Foache, Senior Partner, Topics (consulting firm of HR experts)
“I work a lot with the French actor WorkAdventure who has carried out a lot of experience in the areas of recruitment and workspace. I saw a DevOps team from a large French company working on it for a whole day. Onboarding is easy. »
“In terms of recruitment, we have examples of parts of the process carried out in VR. For presourcing, that is to say a first contact in these virtual spaces with millennials or digital profiles who appreciate this innovation or the assessment of skills. The »Wow!« effect is still there. When it comes to training, VR brings both performance and confidence. »
“As for the workplace dimension, although we don’t have headsets (even if it means losing the immersive side a little), the fact of bringing together geographically dispersed teams in the same virtual environment and exploiting spatialization is interesting. People who work in full remote felt closer to the rest of the team with this permanent connection. »
Guillaume André, Talent Development Manager, PageGroup (recruitment agency)
“Sporadic initiatives have already been launched on the recruitment side with virtual reality. I’m waiting to see what the metaverse will bring more to the candidate experience and relations with recruiters and companies. »
“After the period of digitization in connection with the Covid-19 crisis, we rather want to reconnect with physical interviews. We seek to break the codes of recruitment, to bring something different, and to break down biases. And, potentially, virtual universes can create new sources of inequality. »
Tomorrow Theory imagines the HR of tomorrow
Launched in June 2022, Tomorrow Theory positions itself as an HR innovation studiowhich supports the HR function in its challenges of attracting, retaining and engaging candidates and employees.
• He works on processes related to skills and soft skills (recruitment, training, collaboration), on change management processes, and on the use of advanced technologies in HR (Web 3.0, blockchain, VR, IA, etc. ).
• The company offers three types of services: awareness (conferences, seminars), strategy and study advice (contribution of good practices, specific study, assistance with choice), and engineering (design of models and prototyping of technological solutions).
• It has references such as LVMH, Chanel, L’Oréal, the Ministry of the Interior, Mazars, PageGroup, Barilla, Mastercard, Crédit Mutuel, and BNP Paribas.
• His CEO Jeremy Lamri in 2015 co-created the association Le Lab RH (an ecosystem of 315 start-ups dedicated to HR innovation). He is also the author of a didactic work entitled “Metavers and HR” or “How Web 3.0 rethinks the future of work and organizations” released at the end of October 2022 by Editions EMS Management et Société.
” Benchmark of VR platforms for HR uses » directed by Stéphanie Renverseau Jérémy Lamri, Gaspard Tertrais, and Matthieu Sabourin, on behalf of Tomorrow Theory 2022. With partners PageGroup, Hult EF, Topics, Le Lab RH and Gometa. Download here after registration.
We wish to say thanks to the writer of this short article for this outstanding content
Benchmark of VR & HR platforms scanned by Tomorrow Theory. Waiting for the real metaverse…
Visit our social media profiles and other pages related to themhttps://yaroos.com/related-pages/