To have permanent visibility, professionals create their website. But the benefits of a site don’t stop there. If developed correctly, it can allow you to acquire new patients and then retain them. It simplifies the contact between you and your customers. He weaves a bond of trust between professional and patient, and thus gives you credibility. It also allows you to inform visitors to your site about your field of activity through the publication of popular medical articles.
How to create a professional website?
It is not always easy to know where to go for the creation of a site. There are now many tools, and many companies that offer to support you in this transition to digital. But be aware that you have the option of creating your own showcase site. To find the solution that suits you, here are the three main ways to develop a site.
Use CMS to create your site alone
CMS stands for Content Management System. In French, this gives “content management system”. These are online creation software that allow you to create your own site and update it, without needing to master the code. There are dozens of them (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla!, etc.), and each has its own specificities and price. Costs also vary depending on the options you choose.
Be aware that many web professionals work with CMS. These are reliable tools, but can sometimes be complicated to learn.
Use independent service providers
You may not have time to design your site from A to Z. Know that at each stage, you can call on freelancers specializing in web creation. The Webdesigner takes care of the appearance of the site. The web developer programs and codes the previously created structure to make the site work. You can also hire a web editor to write optimized content; a graphic designer for unique logos and visuals; a UX designer to work on ergonomics and user experience.
These service providers can work with you over the long term, and thus ensure the maintenance of your site. On the price side, you have to compare them carefully, because there are many web expert freelancers, some specializing in a single field and others more general.
Go through a web agency
Web agencies include, for the most part, all trades related to the web (design, development, designer, writing, SEO, etc.). The main advantage of agencies is that all the work to be done is in the hands of the same company. For prices, it can vary from 1000 euros to 100,000 euros depending on the features you want to integrate into your site.
Be aware that some agencies specialize in areas such as natural referencing, e-commerce sites, etc. Learn about these topics before entrusting the design of your website to a so-called more traditional agency.
The ideal solution is one that combines the quality services of a web agency and the possibility of remaining independent in the management of your site, thanks to an easy-to-use tool. This is why Caducee.net recommends Simplébo.
The steps to follow to design a modern and efficient medical site
Your website is the digital front of your firm. It must look like you and legitimize your medical activity and your expertise in this field. To ensure a loyal clientele, here are the steps not to be overlooked.
Structure your content
What topics are you going to cover on your site? How many different pages will be needed to develop these topics? How will you structure your content on these pages?
These are the first questions you should ask yourself when designing. For this, you must list your needs and classify them in broad categories. An efficiently structured site improves the browsing experience of your users who will, perhaps, become future patients. Here is a non-exhaustive list of pages that any professional site must contain:
– a home page, to present your site and its objectives;
– an “about” page, to introduce yourself and talk about your job;
– a contact page which provides information on your contact details (office address, telephone number, email, hours, prices, etc.) and which allows you to make medical appointments using a form;
– a blog, which brings together popular scientific articles to inform your patients about your profession;
– a legal notice page, which is mandatory and can be easily created from the CMS.
Once this tree structure has been drawn, you can start thinking about writing your content.
Create an original design
The visual aspect of your website is very important. A beautiful site allows you to attest to your seriousness and your professionalism. It should also reflect your profession and the main message you want to convey to your customers. For example, the site of a plumber will not be the same as that of an osteopath or a physiotherapist.
To make your patients feel comfortable surfing your site, here are some tips:
– Choose a harmonious color palette that suits you. If you already have a logo, use its colors to create the palette of your graphic charter. Alternatively, palette generators are available online.
– Choose fonts that are easy to read. Your patients are here to learn about the medical services you offer. Optimize their experience by using simple fonts. We recommend a maximum of 2 to 3 fonts for your site.
– Write unique content. Already because search engines do not support content duplication. Then because your patients come to seek information about you as a professional, and not about your competitor.
– Add images, videos, original visuals, etc. They allow you to structure your pages by picturing your comments. We advise you to include images of your practice or even a portrait of yourself. This helps future patients get an idea of who you are, and where they might land when making an appointment.
Choose an easy-to-remember domain name
The domain name is the internet address that users will have to type in to come directly to your site. We advise you to opt for a simple name that will be more easily remembered by your patients.
For example: “www.cardiologue-toulousain.fr“.
Check that the name is available on the INPI website.
Ensure the technical efficiency of your website
In order to get the best performance, technical parameters come into play. Here are the ones you should take into account:
– The host, or the server that hosts your site. Make a comparison of the different hosts on the market and the options they offer.
– Responsive design, which allows you to adapt your site to different types of screens (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.). Also make sure your site is suitable for all users (visually impaired, etc.)
– The security of your site. Every day robots try to hack sites. No loophole should let them into your site. To protect your data and that of your patients, you must secure your site.
To create or redesign your website, contact Simplébo, partner of Caducee.net and benefit from an immediate 10% discount on your subscription.
We want to give thanks to the writer of this post for this outstanding content
Website creation: a practical guide for health professionals
Our social media pages here and other related pages herehttps://yaroos.com/related-pages/