Evacuations took place on Monday January 2 and Tuesday January 3, 2023, back-to-school day, in around twenty schools in France, following threats of bomb or explosive attacks. This is particularly the case of the Saint-Joseph college in Tinténiac (Ille-et-Vilaine), where the gendarmerie evacuated all of the 800 students present.
The threats were made on hacked digital workspaces (ENT), learned theAFP from various sources. The ENT is an internet portal that serves to connect parents, teachers and students and to communicate and exchange information on the life of colleges and high schools.
A “removal of doubt” at the Rostand high school in Caen but no evacuation
According to a police source, messages were sent on January 2 and 3 to students’ ENT accounts. There have been evacuations for “removal of doubts” in establishments in Seine-et-Marne as well as in La Madeleine (Nord), Rillieux-la-Pape (Rhône), Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhône), or even Carvin (Pas-de-Calais).
At the Rostand high school in Caen (Calvados), the rectorate specifies West France that a lifting of doubt has indeed been carried out, without the establishment being evacuated. Classes have not been suspended either. “No threat has been made against this high school in particular, any more than on the ENT in the Normandy academy, provide communication services. According to our information, these threats against the twenty schools in France would have circulated on the Snapchat social network. These messages were spotted by parents of students. » They would then have worried about it and would have alerted the management of the Rostand high school.
Several messages sent between Monday and Tuesday
Tuesday morning, the day of recovery after the Christmas holidays, a high school, a college and a school, located in the same perimeter, were thus evacuated to Carvin “following an explosive threat” against the high school, according to the prefecture. The school’s mine clearance operation ended with nothing being discovered. In Tinténiac, north of Rennes, the gendarmes, accompanied by two dog teams, inspected all the rooms of the college and the school, but found nothing.
According to the rectorate, the Baggio high school in Lille had already been evacuated on Monday but in the presence only of staff, no students. A source close to the investigation evokes “the ENT account of a student who sent an email” announcing that he was going to blow up the establishment. “The account holder was arrested and taken into custody on Monday but released because his account was hacked”, we said from the same source.
“The senders of the emails” are “not the authors”
“Everywhere in France, high schools are the recipients of emails threatening attacks on ENT” but “the senders of the emails are not the authors”, said this source, who adds that “ the cybercrime unit is very closely associated with the investigation”. The Valentine Labbé high school in La Madeleine (North) was also evacuated on Monday.
“A message will be sent to all principals asking them to be vigilant and to notify the police” if necessary, added the rectorate.
In the Rhône, the Camus-Sermenaz multipurpose high school, in Rillieux-la-Pape, was temporarily evacuated Tuesday morning after a bomb alert. According to the town hall, the threat was issued by several emails.
We would love to thank the author of this write-up for this incredible web content
Several schools evacuated in France after threats of attack on the internet
Check out our social media accounts as well as other pages that are related to them.https://yaroos.com/related-pages/