Ever since cryptocurrencies became public knowledge, they sparked curiosity across industries and it was only a matter of time before casinos and online gaming operators wanted to get on board. If you were wondering, therefore, if it is possible to play games of online casino with cryptocurrencies on your smartphone, the answer is yes. But it is necessary to underline some important precisions.
For some years now, it has been possible to play crypto games and make online bets with cryptocurrencies, i.e. to play typical casino games – such as roulette, machines slots and card games – by betting amounts in cryptocurrencies instead of real currencies such as euros or dollars.
Playing at the casino with cryptocurrencies?
The first big advantages of playing with bitcoins are the speed of transactions and the possibility of receiving very interesting welcome bonuses in online casinos. Until recently, it was only possible to play on a computer.
The reason for this restriction is simple: casino games, especially live games, consume a lot of resources, both in terms of computing power and battery. If we add to this the integration of cryptocurrency transactions, we quickly realize that very powerful mobile devices are required. In short, until smartphones are more powerful, it will be possible to play a limited number of online casino games with crypto-currencies.
Software to play with cryptocurrencies
To play, win and have fun, you have to be equipped. When it comes to cryptocurrency games, the concept does not change.
To all of this, if we want to play Bitcoin or Ethereum, we will need to add other software infrastructure, from integration with a secure wallet to game fairness check flows, exchange management and communication with the blockchain, the ledger on which all cryptocurrency transactions are recorded.
The device used must be:
- has a large battery
- featuring a broadband connection with low latency.
However, devices of this type are rare and very expensive. Online casinos have therefore found an intermediate solution, or rather two:
- Versions of the casino optimized for mobile devices (HTML5)
- Applications focused on a few games
In other words, the mobile version of the casino, especially if it works with cryptocurrencies, will either be limited to a fraction of these games or the version optimized for mobile devices.
Security in cryptocurrency games
When talking about online gambling, the first thing that comes to mind is money and the second is scams. The addition of cryptocurrency support makes the situation even worse, as the skills required to use this technology are greatly increased. For this reason, the world of crypto-gaming is an area of light and shadow, where it is easy to come across unserious companies that do not respect security standards or that use bitcoin gambling for attract new victims for their online scams.
If you want to play cryptocurrency casino games, the first thing to do is to do some research: look for information on the Internet about the online casino which you choose. Make sure it is a casino with a regular online gambling license and the integration with cryptocurrencies is genuine and backed by the corresponding blockchain.
Second, you need to protect your device and data as best you can:
- Create a secure wallet or invest in one of the first blockchain-based smartphones.
- Use all the security systems of the exchanges on which you buy and trade cryptocurrencies.
- Install a powerful antivirus for your mobile device.
- If possible, avoid dangerous online activities on the device you use to manage your cryptocurrency and play online games.
Here are the most commonly used types of bitcoin wallets:
- Hard disk type wallets – These are USB keys dedicated solely to the storage and protection of cryptographic keys and accompanied by software for managing and displaying balances and transactions.
- Multi-signature wallets – These are software that use more than one electronic signature to validate a transaction. Signatures are stored on different platforms or devices, which further complicates the life of hackers and thieves.
- Offline Wallets – Private keys are stored offline on computers and devices, so even confirmation of transactions takes place offline and must be synchronized with the network by logging in. This way hackers cannot access the keys as they are not contained in the wallet itself. However, payment processing takes longer.
- Online Wallets – These are the easiest and fastest to use, but also the least secure.
Playing casino games with cryptocurrencies on mobile is possible, but with some limitations and spending a little more to have a powerful and secure device.
We would love to say thanks to the writer of this post for this remarkable web content
How to play casino games with cryptocurrencies on mobile? – Octopus.ca
Discover our social media profiles and the other related pageshttps://yaroos.com/related-pages/