Professionals were already used to using conference mode to hold multi-party telephone meetings. Since confinement, individuals have taken advantage of this function in order to call several of their loved ones at the same time and to exchange all together. Let’s take stock of these multi-party calls.
What is a conference call?
Unlike a traditional call, a conference call involves several interlocutors at the same times. During confinement, due to the social distancing which did not allow to see his relatives, calls to several were a welcome solution. It allows you to make calls with several family members or several friends at the same time.
Many operators offer this calling method. This is particularly the case of Free which offers a “conference mode” on all its mobile plans. This free option therefore allows you to make calls to several people. It is thus possible to share the same conversation with several people.
Multiparty calls on iPhone
If you have an Apple smartphone, you can make conference calls on your iPhone, with a maximum of five people. The procedure to follow is as follows:
- Call the first person, then wait until the connection is established.
- Touch New call
- Call the second person, then wait until the connection is established
- Touch Conference
The two calls are merged into a conference call. To add more people, repeat steps 2-4. If you don’t see the option to add another call, you may have reached the maximum number of participants allowed by your carrier.
Apps for making group calls
There are several applications, many of which are free, that allow you to make video or video calls. Here is our selection:
- Google Meets : a video conferencing application integrated into Google Suite that allows people to join meetings via a web link that they can open on their laptop, the mobile application or a telephone line.
- Zoom : This application offers video conferencing, audio conferencing, chat and webinar functions on mobiles and computers. Its free version can accommodate up to 100 participants and organize unlimited individual meetings. However, group meetings are limited to 40 minutes.
- FaceTime : This is Apple’s video chat application. To use it, you and your contacts must have an iPhone, an iPad or a Mac. Although FaceTime’s primary purpose is video chatting, you can also make audio-only calls if you’re in a location with Wi-Fi and weak cellular signal. Since iOS 12, Apple has also added a group calls option that lets you chat with up to 32 people at once, assuming they all have an Apple device.
- WhatsApp : Easy to use, this app works on Android and iOS devices. You can use it to send text messages, but also make video or audio calls.
- facebook messenger : in addition to allowing the sending of messages, Messenger allows you to make calls to several people, if all your correspondents use this social network.
We want to thank the author of this short article for this amazing web content
How to make multiple calls?
We have our social media profiles here as well as other related pages herehttps://yaroos.com/related-pages/