Just as it is wise to ask yourself about your needs when you take out housing insurance or complementary health insurance, asking yourself a certain number of questions is essential when choosing your internet box. With an increasingly wide choice of internet subscriptions or even more and more included options, you can quickly find yourself lost. We have decided to help you by writing this buying guide which lists the different criteria to take into account when choosing your internet box.
Test your eligibility
The eligibility test is a crucial step in choosing your Internet box because it will determine the type and quality of connection that are available at the address of your accommodation. Thanks to this eligibility testsuch as the one we offer, you will be able to find out if you are eligible for fiber optics, ADSL technology, VDSL, or cable or even 4G boxes.
Identify your own needs to choose your Internet plan
This is the most important step before choosing your Internet subscription! Without asking yourself the right questions and identifying precisely what you expect from your Internet subscription, you run the risk of paying for unnecessary services. Here are the questions to ask yourself:
- What is your internet usage? Is it occasional or regular? Do you watch movies on streaming platforms? Do you play online games? The more time you spend on the Internet, the more you will need a Very High Speed connection in order not to lose quality and to be able to use the Internet simultaneously.
- Do you watch television? Often or rarely? Do you mainly watch free TNT channels or do you like cinema or sports channels? If you are more in the second situation, it will be interesting for you to opt for an internet box with a large television package, and streaming platforms included in the offer. Would you like additional TV options, such as the multi TV ? Depending on your needs, the offer will not be the same.
- What box equipment do you need? Is a classic box enough for you or do you want additional equipment, such as a Wi-Fi repeater to improve the wireless network in your home? Do you need an extra 4G box to have internet everywhere all the time or as a backup connection?
- What are your telephony needs? Do you regularly call landlines in France? Or to mobile phones? Do you call abroad? If so, you can check which destinations are included in the subscriptions of the different ISPs.
- Would you like a box with or without commitment? It is important to ask the question of commitment. Some offers can be subscribed without obligation. Others will hire you for 12 to 24 months. In the latter case, if you are not satisfied, you will have to wait for the term of the contract to change ISPs free of charge.
We would like to thank the author of this article for this amazing web content
Choosing your internet box: the essential criteria to take into account
You can find our social media profiles here and additional related pages here.https://yaroos.com/related-pages/