Some features of iOS 16 may not be available on all iPhones compatible with this version of the operating system. Between exclusives for iPhone 13 and support on iPhones with the A12 Bionic chip or newer, here are the features of iOS 16 that will be restricted.
We have known since Apple’s latest WWDC iPhones compatible with iOS 16. The list is quite long and goes up to iPhone 8 and to the iPhone SE second generation. However, not all features of the next version of Apple’s mobile operating system will be available on all of these iPhones. We know them thanks to the work of 9to5Mac who listed them.
iOS 16 features reserved for iPhones with an A12 Bionic chip or newer
- Live Text in videos: being able to select text in videos and copy it, like Google Lens;
- Quick actions in Live Text: one-click selection of texts detected in photos and videos;
- New languages added in Live Text: Ukrainian, Japanese and Korean;
- Emojis in texts dictated to Siri: emojis can be inserted when sending messages via Siri;
- The use of Siri within applications;
- The rapid transition from voice synthesis to the keyboard;
- Quickly add medication from the iPhone camera;
- Image search in more apps via Spotlight;
- Improvement of Visual Look Up which allows toisolate a subject by removing the background ;
- Astronomy wallpapers.
Live Caption reserved for iPhone 11 and later for iOS 16
Live-generated captions in conversations help deaf or hard-of-hearing users understand their conversation partner. A function that is only available in English in Canada and the United States.
What iOS 16 has in store for the iPhone 13
- Foreground blur in portraits;
- Improved quality of cinematic mode recording.
We can understand that some technical limitations prevent making all the features of iOS 16 available to all iPhones. However, Apple must be careful not to restrict what is new in new versions of iOS too much in order to keep them attractive. This might discourage some users from updating to iOS 16.
Other than that, iOS 16 will launch later in the year, around fall. For those in a hurry, a beta will be deployed next month. Moreover, we do not yet know all the new features of iOS 16 and we learn them as we go. Recently, we discovered thatApple seeks to remove CAPTCHAswhat’we will be able to uninstall more Apple applications or that eSIM transfer will be easier.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS app. You can read our articles, files, and watch our latest YouTube videos.
We would like to give thanks to the writer of this article for this incredible material
Some iOS 16 features won’t be available on all iPhones
Discover our social media profiles as well as other pages that are related to them.https://yaroos.com/related-pages/