LineageOS already has its first official ROM based on Android 13: that’s all you need to know about LineageOS 20.
Everyone’s most famous ROM platform Android is back with a new version. The team behind LineageOS announced in a blog post the arrival of LineageOS 20, an updated version of the famous ROM, which for the first time comes with Android 13 as its base.
As well as being available with the latest version of Google’s operating system as its base, LineageOS 20 also introduces a number of significant changes, including an all-new camera app and numerous improvements to Lineage’s own apps.
All the changes that come with LineageOS 20
From the team in charge of the development of LineageOS, they have shared a list of changes with all the novelties introduced by this new version. The full list is available below:
- Security patches from April 2022 to December 2022 have been merged with LineageOS 17.1 to 20.
- LineageOS now features an amazing new camera app called Aperture! It’s based on Google’s amazing CameraX library (mostly) and offers a much closer to “stock” camera app experience on many devices. Kudos to developers SebaUbuntu, LuK1337, and luca020400 who originally developed it, to designer Vazguard, and the entire team for working to integrate it into LineageOS and adapt it to our wide variety of supported devices.
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 108.0.5359.79.
- We introduced a completely redesigned volume panel in Android 13 and expanded our side pop-up expansion panel.
- We now support GKI and Linux 5.10 versions with full support for off-tree modules to match the new AOSP conventions.
- Our fork of the AOSP Gallery app has seen many fixes and improvements.
- Our Updater app has seen many bug fixes and improvements, and now has a sleek new design for Android TV!
- Our web browser, Jelly, has seen several bug fixes and improvements!
- We’ve made even more changes and improvements to the FOSS Etar calendar app that we integrated some time ago!
- We’ve made even more changes and improvements besides the Seedvault backup app.
- Our Recorder app was designed to take into account the built-in functionality of Android, while providing the features you expect from LineageOS.
- The app has been heavily redesigned.
- Support hardware has been added.
- The high quality recorder (WAV format) now supports stereo and several thread fixes have been made.
- Android TV builds now come with an ad-free Android TV launcher, as opposed to Google’s ad-enabled launcher; We also support Google TV style versions and plan to move them to compatible devices in the future.
- Several Google TV features, like the much nicer two-pane Settings app, have carried over to the Android TV versions of LineageOS.
- Our adb_root service is no longer tied to the build type property, allowing for greater compatibility with many third-party root systems.
- Our merge scripts have been extensively overhauled, greatly simplifying the Android Security Bulletin merge process, as well as much easier support for devices such as Pixel devices that have full font versions.
- LLVM has been fully adopted, with versions now using LLVM’s default bin utilities and, optionally, LLVM’s built-in assembler. For those of you with older kernels, don’t worry, you can always unsubscribe.
- A global quick settings lighting mode has been developed for this UI element to match the device theme.
- Our setup wizard has been adapted to Android 13, with a new look and smoother user experience/transitions.
Among all the changes, we must highlight the inclusion of “Aperture”, a new camera application based on Google’s CameraX library, which maintains a clean aesthetic while introducing additional functions such as support for auxiliary cameras, stabilization control (EIS and OIS) or the possibility of using a level to check the orientation angle of the device when capturing an image.
LineageOS 20 compatible devices
The LineageOS team has already announced the compatibility of its new ROM with more than 30 different devices, from manufacturers such as ASUS, Google, Motorola, OnePlus, Samsung or Xiaomi. The full list of currently supported devices is as follows:
It is possible to download the ROM compatible with each device from the link that we leave next to its name. To update to the latest version, just follow the steps given in the official guide.
We would like to thank the author of this post for this outstanding web content
LineageOS 20 is now available: Android 13, a new camera app and more than 30 compatible devices
Check out our social media accounts as well as other related pageshttps://yaroos.com/related-pages/