Reech has just published the 7th edition of his study dedicated to influencer marketing. In partnership with the Norstat polling institute, 11,011 social network users were questioned during the month of December 2022. The objective of the study this year: to understand consumer expectations, and the link they have with content creators.
Key figures and important facts to remember in 2023
- Users spend an average of 1h42 per day on social networks (16% of respondents spend more than 3 hours per day),
- 75% of users are present on Facebook, which makes it the most popular platform with Internet users,
- YouTube is one of the only transgenerational networks, with content adapted to each age group,
- Pinterest is used more by women (27% of women against 14% of men), while Twitch is more frequented by men (15% of men against 8% of women),
- 47% of users use the word “influencer”compared to 11% who use the term ” content creator “,
- The most followed content creators are “food” influencers,
- Reality TV stars represent 31% of content creators followed by Internet users,
- 66% of respondents indicate that it is necessary to evolve the influence sector towards a more ethical model.
Facebook dominates among users, but not among content creators
The study highlights an interesting fact: the social networks favored by users are not the same as those favored by content creators!
Here are the top 5 consumer favorite social networks:
- Facebook : with 75% of users having an account, compared to 31% of content creators,
- Youtube : 65% for users, against 17% for creators,
- Instagram: 59% for users, compared to 93% for creators,
- Snapchat: 44% for users, against 10% for creators,
- Tik Tok: 38% for users, compared to 13% for creators.
Note that the use of social networks is generational. Thus TikTok is used by 81% of those under 24 (compared to 15% among those over 65), and Facebook is used by 84% of those over 35 (compared to 38% among 18-24 year olds).
Ever more influential content creators, driven by algorithms
During the survey, 32% of respondents indicated that they follow a content creator on social networks (a figure that rises to 63% for Gen Z). On the other hand, 44% of respondents also confirmed seeing content from creators without being subscribed to it. A finding that demonstrates that the algorithms of social platforms play a major role in the distribution of content.
Here are the 5 most popular themes on Instagram:
- Food: 48% of respondents say they follow a content creator in this area,
- Humor : for 47%,
- Beauty and cosmetics: for 45%,
- Journey : for 41%,
- Fashion : for 40%.
In addition, these content creators allow users of social networks to:
- Discover new products and services (59%),
- Help to compare products for a future purchase (41%),
- Motivate to form new habits (36%).
Another interesting fact: to the question “What are the two media that you absolutely could not live without? »36% of respondents cited the accounts of influencers on social networks (compared to 39% for the accounts of their relatives).
Partnerships, accepted but deemed too numerous
In recent years, partnerships between content creators and advertisers have flourished widely on social networks, and in different forms. Among the types of partnerships most appreciated by consumers, we find:
- Promo codes (57%),
- Contest games (45%),
- Product presentations (41%),
- Product testing (35%),
- Product placements (24%).
The number to remember: 73% of users have already purchased a product after seeing a partnership on social networks. In addition, the types of products most purchased via partnerships were cosmetics among women (72%) and high-tech products among men (47%).
At the same time, 73% of respondents indicate that they are saturated by partnerships (40% for a minority of creators, against 26% for a majority, and 7% for all or almost all of the influencers).
To conclude, 2023 could also be marked by major changes in the field of influence: 66% of respondents indicate that it is necessary to evolve the influence sector towards a more ethical model!
We would like to say thanks to the author of this short article for this awesome web content
Influencers in France: profiles, preferred social networks, partnerships…
Find here our social media profiles as well as the other related pageshttps://yaroos.com/related-pages/