Facebook is a great place to be social without actual physical contact. Social media platform has become an integral part of our lives as we tend to get all the information about our loved ones, friends, family, etc. from it. However, this also means that she becomes a support for stalkers. We all have experienced that situation where stalkers keep searching your profile or unwanted people upload your profile pictures to create fake accounts etc.
So, in order to curb this phenomenon, the company recently introduced a new security feature called “Facebook Profile Lock”. This feature allows users to have better control over their profiles. This feature is very useful for those who want to completely lock down their profile to prevent strangers or stalkers from getting hold of it. In this article, we are going to show you the easiest way to lock your Facebook profile on your Android or iOS and through the mobile website. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How does Facebook profile lock work?
Facebook has introduced a new security feature called “profile lock”. This feature allows users to limit access to their profile to people who are not on their friends list. When a user locks their profile, people who are not on their friends list will not be able to see them. Also, they won’t be able to upload the profile photo and cover photo. The company says users can’t see photos and messages either.
Also, they can’t access Stories that a user has put on their profile. In addition to this, the profile lock feature also changes posts that have been shared in the past from Public to Friends. Timeline review and tag review are also enabled. This means that others must ask permission to tag you on their posts. In addition, only part of their information about will be visible to everyone on their profile. Now that you know how the lock your profile feature works on Facebook, let’s take a closer look at how to lock your Facebook profile on different platforms.
Facebook Android and iOS apps allow you to easily lock your profile from stalkers. Here is a step-by-step guide to locking your Facebook profile:
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on your profile.
2. Now tap on the three-dot menu next to the “Add to Story” section.
3. Here you will find “Lock Profile” option. 4. Tap on it and you will be taken to the profile lock page.
So, your Facebook profile is now locked. You can also choose to unlock it by following the similar steps mentioned above.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Website
You can also lock your profile by going to Facebook from your desktop browser. You just need to follow these steps:
1. Type facebook.com on your browser and log into your account.
2. Click on your profile to open it.
3. There you will see the three-dot menu. Tap on it and go to Lock Profile option.
4. A pop-up message will appear to show you that locking your profile is working and the Lock your profile button is at the bottom. Click on it to lock your profile.
How to unlock your Facebook profile?
Facebook also gives you the option to unlock your profile whenever you want. All you have to do is follow these steps:
1. Go to Facebook app on your mobile or facebook.com on your desktop browser.
2. Click on the Profile section and click on the three-dot menu.
3. There you will find Unlock profile option. Click on it and you will see a pop-up message. Click Unlock Profile.
We would like to thank the author of this article for this amazing material
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Your Android or IOS App and Website
Our social media profiles here , as well as additional related pages here.https://yaroos.com/related-pages/