One of the key features when buying any vehicle will need to be wired or wireless Android Auto support. Why might you ask? Well, you can use Android Auto to navigate your travels and also use a number of Android Auto supported apps such as Google Maps, Spotify and a host of other apps and services. Android Auto is about to get a big overhaul under the code name Coolwalk.
The new version of Android Auto, aka Android Auto Coolwalk, was first unveiled at the Google I/O 2021 event. But ever since, Android Auto lovers have been waiting for this big overhaul. The wait is finally over, Google has started rolling out Android Auto’s new Coolwalk update for beta testers.
Android Auto Coolwalk is basically a new interface that helps you easily navigate and see the necessary information about your vehicle’s head unit without having to fiddle with many menus. The update contains a host of new features and improvements. Now that the new version of Android Auto has been released for testers, let’s take a look at the features available in Android Auto Coolwalk, when it will be released, and how to activate it.
What’s new in Android Auto Coolwalk?
The new Android Auto Coolwalk UI was initially released with an update v8.5.6245 for the Android Auto app and it is now even better with the release of the latest v8.6 incremental update. Now, with this new version, there are many new changes in the user interface. These were much-needed changes that can help improve the usability of the head unit while driving. Let’s take a look at what’s new in Android Auto 8.6.
- Android Auto Coolwalk now supports cars with rotary inputs.
- Improved split-screen dashboard UI for all vehicles.
- Material UI elements in Android Auto app.
- Show the number of notifications at the bottom of the screen.
- Modernized multimedia game.
- Easily switch between recent apps with just one click.
- Dynamically resize applications open on the main unit.
- Easily access Google Assistant with just a swipe.
- New App Dock to switch between apps.
Android Auto Coolwalk release date
Whereas Google has not released any official changelog of Andriod Auto 8.6 update as it is only available for beta program users. However, we can expect even more features and a global release for many headunits and car brands somewhere in early 2023. Until then, you can enjoy the Coolwalk UI through the beta program .
Since the new version of Android Auto is now available, many users want to know how to get this new version and what’s new in Android Auto.
How to get Android Auto Coolwalk
Now, even if you have the latest version of Android Auto installed on your Android device, you might not see the update right away. Since this update is first rolling out as a server-side update, some users automatically got the new Android Auto Coolwalk. However, you can follow three methods to get Android Auto Coolwak on your device immediately.
Join Android Auto Beta Program – Method 1
Another way to get the latest version of Android Auto Coolwalk is to join the beta program through the Google Play Store. Here are the steps.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Android and make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Now search for Android Auto app on play store.
- Once you see the app from the results, select it.
- With the Android Auto app page open, scroll down.
- You should see an option that says Join Beta.
- If the beta program is not complete, you can easily join the program, otherwise you will have to wait.
- Once you have successfully joined the program, you will see the new Android Auto update appear on your Android device. Simply update the app and use the new Coolwalk user interface for your car’s navigation unit.
If you want to join beta version of apps like Google Maps, Waze, Google app and Google Messages app for Android Auto, you can go to this page and register for the beta program.
Install Android Auto Coolwalk 8.6 APK (Sideload) – Method 2
Sideloading an Android APK file is simple and easy. It is indeed safe provided that you have downloaded the APK file from verified sources and places where you know the files will not be tampered with. The APKMirror repository is a safe place from which you can download and upload APK files to your Android device. Follow these steps to download the latest Android Auto APK file available.
- On your Android device, launch your favorite browser and visit its APKMirror website.
- Alternately, click on this link to be redirected to the Android Auto download page.
- Once you open the Android Auto download page, click on the latest available version of the app.
- Finally, click on the variant you want to download.
- The file should start downloading soon.
- Once downloaded, navigate to the Downloads folder and install it.
- If it is not enabled, you will need to enable installation from unknown sources.
- Your latest version of Android Auto is now installed.
Clear Android Auto Cache – Method 3
The second method to try to get the Android Auto server-side update on your device is to clear the app cache. Here are the steps.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Now navigate and select the option that says Apps.
- You will need to select installed apps. (This will vary on different Android OEMs and Android SO versions).
- Now scroll down the list of apps installed on your device and tap on the Android Auto app.
- Once you have selected the app, you should have options like Clear Cache, Clear Data, and Uninstall App.
- Tap Clear cache and close the Settings app.
- Now launch the Android Auto app and make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Once connected, you should see the new Android Auto Coolwalk UI on your car head unit when you connected your device to the head unit.
This wraps up everything you need to know about the new Android Auto Coolwalk UI update. Now that the on-board CPU will be much better with the new Audot Coolwalk Android UI, you can expect smooth operation and quick responses while using the app.
Are you someone who has the new Coolkwalk UI? If so, feel free to share the details and your experience with everyone on our social media.
Want to learn more about iOS 16? Here is a new video on the new Apple operating system for the iPhone.
We want to say thanks to the writer of this write-up for this awesome content
Android Auto Coolwalk: Download Links, Features and Release Date
We have our social media profiles here as well as additional related pages here.https://yaroos.com/related-pages/