The BUT STID (statistics and business intelligence) trains technicians capable of assisting in decision-making through data management activities, statistical analysis and programming, but also restitution. What are the expected Parcoursup to integrate the statistical GOAL and business intelligence, what are the main lines of the program, the courses offered, the accessible professions and the pursuit of studies: the Student answers the questions you ask yourself.
Presentation of BUT STID (statistics and business intelligence)
In three years after graduationthe AIM offers a university education that articulates theory and practice, with progressive professionalization. Even if this diploma is a direct gateway to the job market, the solidity of knowledge allows those who wish to continue their studies at university or school.
The holder of the GOAL specialty STID (statistics and business intelligence) collects data, ensures their quality, consistency, security and sustainability, but also knows how to store them in structured databases, make them accessible, analyze them to produce tools to help decision.
The statistical and business intelligence specialty offers 2 courses to be chosen in the second year. Each is differentiated through specific resources and learning situations.
What are the BUT STID courses (statistics and business intelligence)?
The 2 courses from GOAL STID (statistics and business intelligence) are accessible from the second year. Please note that the 2 courses may not be offered by each IUT. Remember to check with the university that interests you that it offers the desired course.
1– GOAL STID data science course: exploration and statistical modeling
This course focuses skills on the collection, processing and statistical analysis of data in order to produce relevant and rigorous results in the form of reports, tables and graphs.
2– GOAL STID data science course: visualization, design of decision-making tools
This course aims to train professionals in the implementation of source data connection management, data transformation and cleaning, modeling and application of business calculations, production of visual restitutions (data visualization): tools reporting, dashboards in order to carry out all or part of the decision-making process.
What is the BUT STID program (statistics and business intelligence)?
the BUT specialized in statistics and business intelligence comes with an overall hourly volume of 1800 hours over 3 years and 600 hours of tutored projects.
In all, 4 skills are to be acquired in GOAL statistics and business intelligence3 of which are common to the 2 courses offered.
Each skill is broken down into know howthemselves cut into professional situations. We give here the competence and associated know-how and we invite you to refer to repository for more details.
BUT STID program (statistics and business intelligence): what skills will you develop?
Skills common to all courses:
- Process: process data for decision-making purposes
- Analyze: statistically analyze the data
- Valuing: valuing a production in a professional context
Specific skills according to the courses:
1. Journey data science: exploration and statistical modeling
- Model: model the data in a statistical framework
2. Course data science: visualization, design of decision-making tools
- Develop: develop a decision-making tool
- The weekly volume of lessons given in GOAL statistics and business intelligence is sustained (between 35 and 40 hours). They take the form of CM (lectures) in large groups (around fifty), TD (tutored work) and TP (practical work) in small groups of around ten students.
- The courses are given by teacher-researchers and external speakers from the professional world.
- It is often possible to do the traineeship graduation from a partner university abroad.
- When prepared in alternation, it is expected that the overall hourly volume will be reduced by 15% in the first year, 20% in the second year, and 15% in the third year. If it is followed in initial training, it takes 22 to 26 weeks of internships and hours of PPP (personal and professional project) to make the student actor of his training and allow him to project himself into his future profession.
- A local adaptation of around 30% can take place over the last two years of the diploma, in order to allow each IUT meet the expectations of its regional environment. The IUT specify on their sites the local adaptations chosen, do not hesitate to study them.
- The program also includes SAÉ (learning and evaluation situations) who are going to validate a skill. SAÉ examples: creation of reports from data stored in a DBMS relational; writing and reading data files; preparation and summaries of a data table for simple exploratory analysis; learn in situ the production of data in business; presentation in English of an economic and cultural territory; implementation of a survey; database design and implementation; simple survey estimation; regression on real data; data visualization; construction and presentation of performance indicators; data analysis, reporting and data visualization…
Opportunities: what professions to exercise with a GOAL STID (statistics and business intelligence)?
BUT STID graduates fit into companies in the most varied sectors of activity. They must be technically competent, but also be able to integrate into various professional environments and know how to communicate.
They exercise, for example, the following professions: in charge of statistical studies, developer, data scientistdata manager, marketing researcheranalysis and reporting manager, decision-making/BI developer, database administratorAMOA project manager, bigdata developer…
What baccalaureate and specialties should be favored to integrate a GOAL STID (statistics and business intelligence)?
In GOAL statistics and business intelligence the majority of those admitted hold a general baccalaureate with the following specialties: mathematics; NSI (digital and computer sciences); IS (engineering sciences); SES (economic and social sciences). The others come from technological baccalaureates (STMG, STI2D, etc.). Holders of a vocational baccalaureate may be admitted subject to having previously completed a refresher course in mathematics.
Registration goes through the platform Parcoursup and the selection is made on file, or even tests and/or interview.
What are Parcoursup expected to enter BUT STID (statistics and business intelligence)?
Students must have a command of French allowing them to communicate in writing and orally in an appropriate way, be interested in political, economic, cultural, literary, technological, environmental news… They must also be able to evolve in a digital environment and have basic knowledge of office automation, show interest and motivation for communication, the media, information processing, cultural and scientific mediation, but also sociology, philosophy , literature, history, economy, digital social networks. They must show team spirit, be organized and rigorous, curious and open-minded.
Studies: what to do after a GOAL STID (statistics and business intelligence)?
After a GOAL statistics and business intelligenceit is possible to continue your studies in master (specialty applied mathematics, statistics Where major in mathematics and computer science applied to human and social sciences, for example). Others will join a engineering school on file in parallel admission (an interesting solution for those who fear preparatory classes). Some offer specializations in statistics and computer science.
You should know that the reform has not eliminated the DUTwhich continues to be awarded as an intermediate degree from the AIM after two years and sometimes makes it possible to reorient oneself towards another AIM of a related specialty, a professional license with mention business intelligence and statistics, for example or a third year of a general computer license.
What are the differences between BUT STID and BUT IT?
If the GOAL STID (statistics and business intelligence) further trains data scientists and teaches them how to collect, analyze, communicate, IT PURPOSE teaches its students how to participate in the design, production and implementation of computer systems. the PURPOSE STID offers a good balance between statistics, IT and general knowledge.
We want to thank the writer of this article for this remarkable web content
BUT STID (statistics and business intelligence) (ex-DUT STID)
Visit our social media accounts along with other related pageshttps://yaroos.com/related-pages/