On May 13, the Artificial Intelligence Hackathon will begin at the Paris Higher Institute of Electronics (ISEP). It is organized by the IA and Security Chair as well as the Big Data and IA Chair for the Environment, in partnership with the National Gendarmerie, the United Nations Environment Program, the French Development Agency, 3DS OUTSCALE and the IA Lab of the Garage ISEP association. This Hackathon will allow everyone to develop their technical skills in AI while working on concrete issues: security and sustainable development.
Whether we like it or not, artificial intelligence is part of our daily lives. We use more and more smart objects: smartphones, household appliances, cars… We are also using it more and more in the fields of health, industry, the environment… However, it arouses many reservations and fears.
From May 13 to 15, participants in this hackathon, students or professionals, accompanied by a group of expert-mentors, will be able to deepen their technical knowledge of AI by working on concrete issues of security and sustainable development.
They will thus be able to train on architectures of natural language processing and of deep learning : Tensorflow, Keras, PyTarch, BERT, SMITH, etc. For the occasion, 3DS OUTSCALE opens its services and its trusted and secure Cloud infrastructure to allow competing teams to set up their models.
They will also have the choice between two challenges:
- How can AI improve speech-to-text in a security context? (proposed by the National Gendarmerie)
- How can AI help identify the Sustainable Development Goals accurately in a document? (proposed by AFD and UNEP)
Procedure of the hackathon:
- 5 p.m. – Welcome – Rafael Angarita, Lecturer-researcher at ISEP
- 5:10-5:45 p.m. AI strategy in FranceRenaud Vedel, Prefect, National Coordinator for Artificial Intelligence
- 5:45 p.m.-7 p.m. Round Table: The challenges of AI for security and sustainable development with quality speakers
General Patrick Perrot, National Coordinator for AI at the GN
Thomas Melonio, Executive Director Innovation, Research and Knowledge at AFD
Mark Radka, Director of the UNEP Energy Division
David Chassan, Strategy Director at 3DS OUTSCALE
- 7-8 p.m. Presentation of the challenges and the progress of the hackathon, with General Patrick Perrot (GN), Robert Rodriguez (UNEP), Jean-Baptiste Jacouton (AFD) and Rafael Angarita (ISEP)
- 8 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Cocktail and Networking
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Time to hack
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. Lunch
- 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Time to hack
- 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. Welcome of participants
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Presentation of projects
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. Lunch and prize giving
Details of the two challenges:
The security-oriented challenge, organized by the GN:
In the field of security, speech transcription is at the heart of carrying out a wide variety of missions falling within its field of competence. Its time-consuming and tedious nature leads to the search for ways to automate the task, thus making it possible to increase the performance and quality of the service provided to the public. The proposed competition therefore aims to assess the relevance of the use of automatic transcription systems, called Speech-to-Text, applied to a variety of recording sources (radio, television, telephone, etc.)
The Sustainable Development-oriented challenge organized by AFD and UNEP:
Environmental protection, reduction of inequalities, access to education and health for all are some of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Expert AI methods are called upon to play an increasing role in identifying priority action levers and guiding the financial system towards a better world. UNEP and AFD invite you to take up a challenge at the forefront of NLP methods. This will involve evaluating the methods for precisely identifying the 169 SDG targets in a corpus of project descriptions.
Meals will be offered and more than €4,000 in prizes are up for grabs.
This hackathon will take place in the premises of ISEP in Issy les Moulineaux at 10 rue de Vanves.
Mentors and experts will pass through the teams to provide technical and functional advice to the participants.
We would love to say thanks to the author of this write-up for this amazing web content
The Hackathon in artificial intelligence begins on May 13 at ISEP
Our social media profiles here , as well as other pages related to them here.https://yaroos.com/related-pages/