In November 2019, the RATP Group launched its first start-up accelerator dedicated to new mobility and better living in the city. For the fourth edition announced on December 15, interested start-ups can submit their innovations on four themes related to energy sobriety, industrial excellence and new services for cities and travellers. They have until March 3 to submit their application on the online platform.Challenges” of VivaTechnology 2023.
Established in 14 countries, on four continents, the RATP group is the world’s third-largest urban transport operator. Its ambition is to be the world leader in urban, sustainable and connected mobility and to establish itself as the privileged partner of cities. smart. To this end, it employs approximately 63,000 employees to develop, operate, maintain and modernize innovative public transport systems and thus meet the mobility needs of populations (metro, tram, urban and interurban buses, regional trains, sightseeing, maritime shuttle , transport on demand).
The 4th edition of the RATP group’s start-up accelerator
To achieve its objectives, improve its quality of service, change its way of working and shape the world of tomorrow, the Group relies in particular on innovative partnerships with the start-ups selected by its accelerator. The first two editions had each selected six projects, this year, like last year, five will be selected.
Projects must address the following themes:
- Energy sobriety and sustainable development : contribute to reducing the company’s energy expenditure and its carbon impact (solutions for tracking performance and ecological and energy consumption, energy flexibility, solutions aimed at reducing and reusing waste, responsible digital technology, etc.);
- New technologies at the service of industrial excellence : take advantage of technological advances to optimize the performance of the company and its quality of service (maintainer of the future, additive/3D manufacturing, predictive maintenance, optimization of the supply chain, artificial intelligence, robots & exoskeletons, etc.);
- City and mobility of the future : commit to a better quality of the city by developing new services (supervision of the city and flows, development and integration of soft mobility, real estate asset management, etc.);
- A world-class travel experience : to offer travelers around the world the best mobility experience, at the dawn of major international events (promoting intermodality, new services for travelers and tourists, traveler information, non-infrastructural accessibility, inclusion, etc.).
The pre-selection will take place in March and the official announcement of the winners is scheduled for April 20, 2023 after the vote of the RATP expert committees gathered around each theme.
- Maturity of the solution: level of implementation of the solution, customer references, team;
- Ability to industrialize the start-up solution: reliability, durability of the solution, ability to deploy internationally;
- Relevance of the solution chosen by the participants, in comparison with the Challenge;
- Ability to present the start-up solution in an innovative way to the RATP Lab.
Six-month support for the winners
The winning projects will benefit, in addition to introductions and business relations facilitated by the status of start-up accelerated by the Group:
- access to the RATP group’s business experts with the possibility of testing and deploying their solutions or services on the Group’s networks in France and abroad;
- a one-week poster campaign in the metro;
- a pitch to RATP Capital Innovation, the corporate investment subsidiary of the RATP group, for fundraising;
- six-month support from 1KUBATOR, the Group’s partner innovation network, to accelerate the industrialization of their solutions;
- a place and a pitch on the RATP group Lab, at Viva Technology 2023, from June 14 to 17.
For more information and to apply, see the dedicated page on the Viva Technology platform.
The winners of the 3rd edition
In April 2022, the five winning start-ups of the accelerator were:
• Cocoparks – MaaS in real time
Facilitate parking and develop intermodality alongside the RATP by installing sensors on lampposts, which identify, in real time, free or occupied parking areas, for different modes of transport: bicycles, scooters, thermal and electric cars … Once collected, this GDPR-compliant data is shared in the free Cocoparks mobile app.
• Soter Analytics – an intelligent sensor at the service of occupational health and safety
Soter Analytics, a startup born in 2018 in Australia, offers posture correction with a smart sensor attached directly to the back or arm that detects and signals, through a sound notification or a vibration, poor working posture.
• Iteca – a digital twin to train maintenance teams
The Iteca software publisher has developed SmartUpp, an immersive 3D assistance solution. Concretely, the startup makes it possible to design a digital twin, a true copy of a physical object: any material or machine can thus be modeled.
• 12Point5 – parking spaces and urban logistics combine
12.5 square meters is the exact area of a car parking space. Why not rent those that are not used underground, to bicycles or two-wheelers lacking secure spaces? The startup 12Point5 took up the challenge by offering its users the rental of a portion of a parking space, corresponding to the size of their mode of transport.
• StreetCo – a pedestrian GPS to improve accessibility in the city suitable for people with disabilities and reduced mobility. StreetCo offers a free and collaborative mobile application, which allows its users to report temporary obstacles (works) or permanent obstacles (stairs, for example) in real time. Data soon to be integrated into the mobility applications of the cities of Angers and Brest, in collaboration with RATP Dev.
We wish to say thanks to the writer of this short article for this amazing content
Launch of the fourth edition of the RATP Group start-up accelerator
Check out our social media profiles as well as other pages that are related to them.https://yaroos.com/related-pages/